The most notorious defects of them that 99% of vehicles have are swirl marks! Why do i have swirl marks? What causes swirl marks? These are one of many questions car enthusiast ask themselves. Swirl marks are thin scratches that can be found on painted surfaces, headlights, tail lights, door pillars, coated wood grain, door pillars and pretty much many other type of surfaces! The greater the defects per surface area causes light to refract rather than reflect – giving that dry, dull look. Swirl marks comes from many forms – dirt or contaminants rubbing onto the surface, utilizing low quality or dirty towels, improper wash method’s, or the most common problem you might be unaware of, Automated car washes! These might seem quick and efficient but in reality, it’s low quality and effectiveness. Most automated car washes are low maintained or even worse, barely maintained at all. Imagine getting a car wash where another 200-500,1000+ dirty vehicles before you pass thru, leaving a lot dirt and major damaging contaminants on the car wash bristles, slapping/grinding onto the surface of your vehicle!
How can you see swirls?
Here at Fifty/50 detail studio we have custom lighting:
- 3-4000K Fluorescent fixtures for texture
- 4-3800 lumen 5,000K L.E.D 4′ fixtures-general purpose
- 2- Remote Controlled RGB L.E.D (red, green, blue, etc.) can be used for coating leveling, finding swirls and scratches hartd o see in light colored paints
- 4-360deg/180 deg up/down 4′ side to side adjustable canisters (2 per unit) each canister holds (1) 5,000k 540 lumens dimmable light bulb.
- 4-one on each leg 360deg/180up/down 3″ side to side adjustable canister (one bulb per leg) -5,000K 540 Lumens dimmable light bulb
- 12- extra L.E.D bulbs 2700k color 540 lumens dimmable.
- 4 dimmers (one each) for 4′ adjustable lights (controls 2 bulbs per unit)
- 4 dimmers (1) per leg to dim or shut off the adjustable canisters
- 9-toggle switches to fully adjust your lighting needs per vehicle (can turn off each light individually) Each light is numbered and individually wired.
- 1-16 outlet high quality industrial power strip with 15’cord.
This our custom set up, to best serve our clients and provide the maximum result given from their requested services. Other than the” technicality” of our light source, a good source of light would also be the sun and the L.E.D light your smart or iPhone provides. Have you ever looked at the paint under direct sunlight? I’m sure you can see some swirl marks.